Monday, May 18, 2015

Ethics

The George Stephan Poppinfresh desire for philanthropy that could only be assuaged by contributing to the corrupt shush fund known as the Clinton Foundation reminded me of this story:

A wealthy man was on his death bed and called his three closest advisers to him: him priest, his doctor and his lawyer.
"Gentlemen, they say you can't take it with you, but I fully intend to." Then he gave to each a briefcase filled with $1 million, with the instruction that they were to fling the cases into his grave as they lowered his coffin into the ground. Each promised to do so.

Weeks later, after the wealthy man had passed away and was buried, the three men met in a bar to remember the dearly departed.
"I have a confession to make", said the priest. "The parish roof started leaking last week and we didn't have the money to repair it, so I took $10,000 from my briefcase for a new roof."

The doctor looked a little sheepish and said, "I, too have a confession. The hospital was in need of a new cancer wing for children, and we were $50,000 short, so I borrowed it from the briefcase before I put it in."

The lawyer looked aghast at his two friends. "Gentlemen! I am frankly shocked at your lack of ethics! My briefcase contained my personal check for the entire amount!"

No comments:

Post a Comment