Wednesday, October 12, 2011

How About a Little Memory Loss to go with your Beer Goggles?

It's called "transient global amnesia".

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"I'm sorry! I can't remember your name, but I have a note from my doctor!"


While sex can be forgettable or mind-blowing, for some people, it can quite literally be both at the same time. The woman, whose case was reported in the September issue of The Journal of Emergency Medicine, was experiencing transient global amnesia, a rare condition in which memory suddenly, temporarily, disappears.

People with transient global amnesia suffer no side effects, and the memory problems usually reverse themselves in the span of a few hours. It's a rare condition, affecting only about 3 to 5 people per 100,000 each year. But what makes transient global amnesia so eerie is that researchers aren't sure what causes it...

2 comments:

  1. Tiger Woods had this condition at least 130 times or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What condition? I'm sorry. I'll try again in a few hours...

    ReplyDelete