Monday, November 15, 2010

Good Time Charlie Rangel Walks from Ethics Hearing

...thereby raising the average ethical standing of everyone in the room!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Washington (CNN) - Embattled Rep. Charlie Rangel, D-New York, walked out of his House ethics subcommittee hearing Monday morning, complaining that he has not had sufficient time to hire a new legal team to respond to corruption allegations.

The subcommittee members continued meeting behind closed doors.

"Fifty years of public service is on the line. And I truly believe that I am not being treated fairly," he declared. "I deserve a lawyer."


"He had not sufficient time"? He's been delaying this procedure for the last, what, two years? And now he hasn't had time to find a lawyer?...or his credibility.

H/T Memeorandum

3 comments:

  1. I suspect Charlie will resign from the house about an hour before his next ethics hearing…which he should be able to stretch it out until next year some time.
    He (Charlie) probably has a multi-million dollar deal he is working on….tax free of course!
    Only 722 Days left…..
    News Flash: Doug Schoen discusses an upcoming article he co-wrote with Pat Caddell that argues that President Obama shouldn’t run for another term.
    “My job as CCO (Chief Community Organizer) is over. I have changed America….My Way!
    “Accordingly, I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination of my party for another term as your President.”
    In a speech to be delivered by Barack Obama on or before March 31, 2012, Original quote from LBJ’s, 3/31/68 speech to the nation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going after Rangel for ethics violations when the 'Supremes' allow Wall St and the Chamber of Commerce to flood elections with cash to buy a Government ...... who is getting shafted here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan: As much as I agree with you that this is not the most pressing duty of Congress right now, we should be able to ask that Congress be able to "walk and chew gum" at the same time.
    Cleaning up the Corruptocrats is part of the process.

    ReplyDelete