Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Life is Strange

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Milestones come and go. Three years ago, after moving to Ohio, having lived in sunny California most of my life, it seemed very strange to say, "I own my own snow blower".

Today, I went to the opposite extreme: having contracted some work done on the swimming pool at the new Casa de Proof, and having filled it completely for the first time, I went out and bought my very first leaf skimmer.

Side by side comparisons: On the plus side, the skimmer never runs out of gas, doesn't need an AC cord or the arm of a major leaguer to start.
Advantage: skimmer!

On the negative side, I don't think it will ever help me to get to work any faster! Advantage: snow blower!

The snow blower helped me keep the sidewalks clear, which, on a corner lot was a boon to the neighbors. The skimmer could help keep the neighbor's pools clean, but that would mean going into their back yards. (Probably not a good idea!)
Advantage: snow blower!

Dress tends to be a little more casual when using the skimmer. No parkas, gloves or snow boots.
Advantage: skimmer!

Skimmer is quieter, more maneuverable and a whale of a lot cheaper. To all my friends in Ohio and North Dakota, et al...I think the leaf skimmer is the winner, hands down!

Next month, we'll compare crushing the ice for the margaritas by the pool and salting the ice for the postman and the meter readers! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment