Sunday, May 24, 2009

Quote du jour

The analogy between slavery then and abortion now is, I think, obvious. It could be argued that there's a difference between the moral gravity of the two issues. I would heartily agree. However badly the slaves were treated, most of them were allowed to live. They weren't just torn apart and killed en masse. I never heard of 60,000,000 slaves being murdered.


I also contend that Obama, for all his eloquence and high-sounding oratory, is reminiscent of Clay, both in futility and insincerity. Let me propose a simple thought-experiment. If we were to put Mr. Obama into a time machine and transport him back 160 years, which side of the slavery issue would he be on? Would he advocate searching for common ground and compromise? Really?

-Paul Shlichta

No comments:

Post a Comment