Wednesday, August 20, 2008

"They didn’t cross the border, the border crossed them"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The Audacity of Ignorance strikes again!


Barack Obama was asked about immigration at a high school in New Mexico:

“We are a nation of immigrants. The only people can say that they aren’t immigrants are the people sitting right here,” the Presidential candidate says and points to the tribal leaders.

“There are some families who have been here for 4 or 500 years. They didn’t cross the border, the border crossed them.”


Senator O'blurry seems to be confused between who is an immigrant and who is descended from immigrants! While you can say "We are a nation of immigrants" in speaking of our nation's origins, to say that the only people who can say they aren't immigrants, present tense, is aboriginal Americans is

a) folly
b) false
c) stupid
d) all of the above

I am not an immigrant, Mr. Obama! I "immigrated" from nowhere! I was born here. My father was born here. My mother was born here. Her parents were immigrants, but I am two generations removed on my mother's side and seven or eight generations removed on my father's side. It is disturbing the frequency of times that you misuse our language or twist it to mean something it was never intended to mean! Are you this careless with language all the time?

May we assume that your were sans teleprompter at this event? Heh.

Hat tip Stop the ACLU
Cross posted at Say Anything

No comments:

Post a Comment