Sunday, May 25, 2008

More “Do As I Say, Don’t Do As I Do” from Barack H. Obama

Filling in for an ailing Teddy Kennedy at a commencement speech, B.H. Obama reverted to more “Do As I Say, Don’t Do As I Do” rhetoric.
MIDDLETOWN, Conn. (AP) - Filling in for Sen. Edward M. Kennedy and tying himself to the family's legacy, Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama urged college graduates Sunday to "make us believe again" by dedicating themselves to public service.
"We may disagree as Americans on certain issues and positions, but I believe we can be unified in service to a greater good. I intend to make it a cause of my presidency, and I believe with all my heart that this generation is ready and eager and up to the challenge," Obama told Wesleyan University's Class of 2008


...The rest of the 25-minute speech urged students to focus on more than "the big house and the nice suits and all the other things that our money culture says you should buy."

Get that? Don't focus on the big house, like the $1.6 million dollar house Jeremiah "Don't pursue those middle class values" Wright is moving into. Don't focus on the nice suits you could buy if you had a combined income of $2.5 million dollars like Michelle and I received 2005-2006. Take those low paying public service jobs like Michelle was telling you about!
It will make the community a better place. And after all...somebody's got to do it, and it sure as hell won't be Michelle, Jeremiah and me!
Hat tip Drudge
Cross posted at Say Anything

No comments:

Post a Comment